Moving or renovating an office can be a stressful event with a lot of moving parts. Get out ahead of the planning process with this quick checklist for a phone system.
￼60 days before:
- Is the new facility’s wiring ready for your phone system?
- Will you be able to get lines installed by your carrier on time?
- Will you be able to bring your existing phone numbers over to the new location?
- Is your phone system right-sized for the new location?
30-45 days before:
- Order any hardware required to expand or change the phone system.
- Communicate your move to your customers and vendors.
- Update your auto attendant or on-hold music to explain where you are moving and when for customers.
- Ensure that you have chosen a partner to move your phone system.
7 days before:
- Ensure that your carrier has been to the site and the required circuits are installed and ready to be switched over.
- Consider checking for other business-critical services as well such as internet, security, etc.
- Ensure that your interconnect has been to the site and is confident with the facilities for system installation.
At the last minute:
- Phone system and voicemail system are backed up before the system is unplugged.
- System is moved to the new location at the predetermined time, and connected.
- Extensions are mapped, lines are connected, and testing of critical functions is completed.
Digitcom has 26 years experience working with Ontario’s business community, helping to solve all their telephony challenges. If you are interested in running the most reliable phone system then contact us. We will help guide you through the planning, quoting, installation and continued support with 24/7 hour care and escalations for priority work. Call 1-866-667-8357 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.