How to Setup Avaya IP Phone 9608
8 min read
Step by Step Guide
When configuring your IP Office for use with an IP Phone, there are a few prerequisites that should be checked.
1. Select the System section on the left, and then click on either the LAN1 or LAN2 tab depending on which port the IP Phone is configured to connect.
2. Select the VOIP tab and ensure the H.323 Gatekeeper option is enabled. This will configure the phone system to allow IP Phones to register.
3. Connect to your phone system using the System Status application. Click the Resources section on the left and ensure there are sufficient VCM channels on your system.
4. Ensure there are sufficient Avaya IP endpoint licenses by clicking on the + icon beside Resources and selecting Licenses. The total number of licenses available and in use will be shown.
Programming your Avaya IP office
During the bootup process of an IP phone, you’ll notice the Avaya splash screen on the front and a progress bar at the bottom. Push * when your promoted to do so.
2. Enter code C R A F T then push the pound key to enter the setup menu
3. Scroll down to ADDR (Address) and press the start key (four keys below the menu screen start is the far left key)
4. If the phone is to get its IP address from a DHCP server, leave the address on 0.0.0.0. This will tell the phone that you are looking to get an IP address off the network. If the phone is using another IP address navigate to the phone IP field, select the change button, then enter the new static IP address.
5. Set the call server adress to the address of your phone system. This information will be provided by your phone system provider
To configure the IP Office for a new IP Phone:
1. Select the User section on the left.
2. Click on the Create a New Record icon at the top-right and select User.
3. Enter any relevant information for this user, such as name and extension number.
4. Make sure that this user has a login code set by clicking on the Telephony -> Supervisor Settings tab. This login code will be needed to log in the extension on the IP Phone.
Once the user is added, the Manager program will ask if you would like to create an extension for this user.
5. Select the H.323 extension type and click OK. This will add a new H.323 or IP extension for this user.
What Is (UCaaS)?
What Is Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)? 8 min read Linkedin Facebook Twitter Youtube Unified Communications as a Service...Read More
What is SIP Trunking?
Everything You Need To Know About SIP Trunking 1 min read Linkedin Facebook Twitter Youtube What is SIP Trunking? Session Initiation...Read More
Top 10 Benefits of Hosted PBX
Benefits of Hosted PBX 2 min read Linkedin Facebook Twitter Youtube HostedPBX is your office phone system … in the cloud....Read More